Helen Lidholm, CEO
Chairwoman of the Board
Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
Helen Lidholm, chief executive officer of Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center and Medical Group has over 25 years of professional and executive leadership experience in the health care industry. Prior to assuming the role of CEO, Lidholm served as Saint Mary’s chief operating officer. Under Lidholm’s leadership, Saint Mary’s was recognized as the only hospital in the region to receive an “A” safety ranking from the Leap Frog Group as well as national recognition from the American Hospital Association for implementing a “zero is possible” policy that focuses on quality patient care and outcomes.
Since the organization’s 2012 transition to Prime Healthcare Services, a top 15 health system in the nation, Helen has been instrumental in helping Saint Mary’s achieve financial stability by developing new physician partnerships and analyzing hospital processes. Because of this success over $10 million has been reinvested in the hospital and medical group.
Prior to joining Saint Mary’s, Lidholm worked at California Hospital Medical Center as executive vice president and chief operating officer. Lidholm is a Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business Management graduate and received her bachelor of science in nursing at Malmo Municipal University in Sweden.
Health Network Accomplishments and Community Investments
- Joint Commission Top Performer Award 2015: Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Surgical Care and Perinatal Care
- Best Places to Work 2014
- Best Hospital by the Reno News and Review 2015
- Best Gym by the Reno News and Review 2015
- Invested over $40M in technology, facility upgrades and more since 2012
- And More - Visit our Awards page to learn more about Saint Mary's accreditations, awards and other accolades