RN Transition to Practice Program
Saint Mary's RN Graduate Transition to Practice Program
Saint Mary’s Transition to Practice Program (TPP) is designed to help RN Graduates transition from students to professional nurses, while enhancing clinical competence. Participants in this program develop clinical proficiency through evidence-based practices and supervised clinical experiences, with an emphasis on clinical applications within the hospital setting. The program is designed around the goal of providing a nurturing, enriching environment where the new RN graduates achieve safe and efficient independent practice. TPP consists of classroom learning, precepted clinical hours and mentorship.
Candidates must be able to work full-time consistently throughout the program. Candidates are required to sign a three-year promissory note. The receipt of benefits is contingent upon the employee’s continued active employment as full-time in good standing, and compliance with the terms of the policy.
Available Nursing Units
Units that will train RN graduates will vary. It is the goal of Saint Mary’s nursing leadership to post positions in a variety of units to match the RN graduate with their first or second choice. The units available per cohort will be stated on the job posting.
Important dates for the Fall 2016 Cohort:
Applications accepted February 8 to February 26, 2016 by
- Transition to Practice general orientation begins August 15, 2016
Criteria for Applicants:*
- Must have graduated from an accredited nursing program within one year from the beginning of the TPP program (not before August 2015)
- Must have an active, unencumbered State of Nevada Registered Nurse license by July 15, 2016
All applicants must apply online. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit these items with your online application:
- Unofficial transcripts
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare
- Two letters of recommendations (one from school faculty, one from personal reference)
- Personal Statement: 500 words or less telling us why you want to work at Saint Mary's. In the heading of your personal statement please include your top two desired units. Available units will be listed within the new graduate job posting.
For more information about the Transition to Practice program, please contact Saint Mary's Human Resources Department at (775) 770-3001 or Sarah Whelchel, Program Coordinator at (775)770-3312.