RN Transition to Practice Program
Saint Mary's RN Graduate Transition to Practice Program
Saint Mary’s Transition to Practice Program (TPP) is designed to help RN Graduates transition from students to professional nurses, while enhancing clinical competence. Participants in this program develop clinical proficiency through evidence-based practices and supervised clinical experiences, with an emphasis on clinical applications within the hospital setting. The program is designed around the goal of providing a nurturing, enriching environment where the new RN graduates achieve safe and efficient independent practice. TPP consists of classroom learning, precepted clinical hours and mentorship.
Candidates must be able to work full-time consistently throughout the program. Candidates are required to sign a two-to-three-year promissory note. The receipt of benefits is contingent upon the employee’s continued active employment as full-time in good standing, and compliance with the terms of the policy.
Available Nursing Units
Units that will train RN graduates will vary. It is the goal of Saint Mary’s nursing leadership to post positions in a variety of units to match the RN graduate with their first or second choice. The units available per cohort will be stated on the job posting.
Important dates for the Spring, 2016 Cohort (December, 2014 to December, 2015 Graduates):
Applications accepted September 27 - November 1, 2015 by
- Interviews and employment offers ongoing through December 18, 2015
- Transition to Practice Cohort orientation begins February 29, 2016 (opportunities for earlier employment may be available on an individual basis)
Critera for Applicants:*
- Must have graduated from an accredited nursing program within one year from the beginning of the TPP program (not before December 2014)
- Must pass NCLEX by February 1, 2016
- Unofficial transcripts
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare
- Two letters of recommendations (one from faculty, one from personal)
- Personal Statement: 500 words or less telling us why you want to work at Saint Mary's. Should be in Times New Roman or Ariel 12-point font, double spaced
- A list of hiring units will be provided in the job posting. Your personal statement must include the two units for which you want to apply in the heading of your personal statement.
- *Incomplete applications will not be considered
All applicants must apply online. Please visit www.smarthires.com and search "Saint Mary's".
For more information about TPP, please contact Saint Mary's Human Resources Department at (775) 770-3001 or Jami-Sue Coleman, Program Director at (775)770-3734.