Located on the third floor of Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center, Saint Mary’s dedicated Outpatient Infusion Center provides patients with chemotherapy, blood products, antibiotics and injections. The Center is staffed on a daily basis with two chemotherapy-certified registered nurses.
The nurses at the Outpatient Infusion Center make a point to know their patients personally, providing holistic care that addresses physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. The Center prides itself on personal comfort and safety for patients. Each infusion station is equipped with personal TV, and patients enjoy the panoramic view of the Sierras during their visits. Patients must have a physician referral. For more information, call (775) 770-6387.
To ensure the check-in process is efficient, we ask our patients to bring the following items to their first appointment.
- Proof of insurance and photo ID
- Medical history and record of your last physical
- List of current medications
- Physician orders on Saint Mary's Outpatient Infusion form. If orders are for blood consent a Blood Transfusion form must be included and signed by the physician ordering the treatment.
- Direct number of admitting physician for any issues they may arise or need clarification
- Blood transfusion patient needs to be typed and crossed in the lab at Saint Mary's Lab, located on the 1st floor of the main hospital. This needs to be done 24 hours prior to appointment for a blood transfusion.
- A patient coming from an extended care facility must be accompanied by and aide to provide needed care for the patient. He/she is expected to stay with the patient until treatment is completed.
- Medications and all other necessary equipment, supplies for the patients must be given to patient prior to arrival to the Infusion center.
- Detail report given to the nurse for any added needs of the patient.
Saint Mary's Center for Cancer
645 N. Arlington Ave., Suite 120
Reno, NV 89503